The Bed & Breakfast was originally built in 1880 and served as a private residence to Dr. Cunningham, who later served as President of the college (1887-1897) which at that time was called the Female State Normal School.
The house was later purchased by the University for the president, Dr. Jarman, and served as the home of Longwood Presidents until 1969. In 1969, President Dr. Willett moved his family to the current presidential home, Longwood House.
The house then became work space for the Alumni Office and later transitioned into overnight accommodations for faculty/staff, alumni, parents, and friends of the university.
Today it is known as the Longwood Bed & Breakfast open to the public to use and enjoy.